Jagjit Singh (February 8, 1941 – October 10, 2011) was an Indian ghazal singer, composer, music director, activist and entrepreneur. Popularly known as “The Ghazal King” he gained acclaim together with his wife, another renowned Indian Ghazal singer Chitra Singh, in the 1970s and 1980s, as the first ever successful duo act (husband-wife) in the history of recorded Indian music.
Together, they are considered to be the pioneers of modern ghazal singing and regarded as most successful recording artistes outside the realm of Indian film music. He has sung in Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, Gujarati, Sindhi and Nepali languages. He was awarded India’s third highest civilian honour, the Padma Bhushan, in 2003.
He passed away on Monday October 10, 2011 at the age of 70 in the Intensive Care Unit of Mumbai Lilavati hospital in India due to brain hemorrhage.
Jagjit Singh Songs
- 1 Budha Hoya Sheikh Farid Baba Farid
- 2 Eh Mera Geet Kisse Na Gana Shiv Kumar Batalvi
- 3 Farida Main Janya Dukh Mujhko Baba Farid
- 4 Farida Maute Da Banna Baba Farid
- 5 Ghamma Di Raat Shiv Kumar Batalvi
- 6 Jaise Jal Te Budbuda Guru Tegh Bahadur
- 7 Jhuthe Man Kaha Karai Guru Tegh Bahadur
- 8 Kothe Mandap Maria Baba Farid
- 9 Mainu Tera Shabab Lai Baitha Shiv Kumar Batalvi
- 10 Maye Ni Main Ik Shikra Yaar Banaya Shiv Kumar Batalvi
- 11 Maye Ni Maye Shiv Kumar Batalvi
- 12 Mittar Pyare Nu Guru Gobind Singh
- 13 Raat Gayi Kar Tara Tara Shiv Kumar Batalvi
- 14 Ram Simar Ram Simar Guru Tegh Bahadur
- 15 Rog Banke Reh Gaya Ae Pyar Tere Shehar Da Shiv Kumar Batalvi
- 16 Sabhh Sukh Data Ram Hai Guru Tegh Bahadur
- 17 YaaraRya Rab Kar Ke Mainu Shiv Kumar Batalvi